Is it time to replace your roof? Finding a trusted company to do the job is easier than you think? Check out our tip list below.
- Get local referrals. Getting referrals from your friends and family is always a good idea for any kind of service work you need done at your home, but that isn’t always possible. Other ways to narrow the field of choices includes checking online reviews to see what others in the area are saying about the companies you’re considering.
- Check for proper licensing and insurance. If the contractor you are looking into doesn’t have proper licensing or up-to-date insurance, they could end up costing you more money. If one of the employees gets hurt while working on your home, you could be sued. Ask for their license number and proof of insurance before hiring them.
- Look at their communication skills. If they’re inconsistent on getting back to you, that could be a red flag. Also, they should have a couple ways to get a hold of them and no-contact options if you still feel uncomfortable meeting face-to-face due to COVID-19.
- Find a company that works with insurance. A good roofing company will work with the insurance company to help guide the customer through the process on a storm damage claim. A roofing company that makes sure all involved parties get the information they need in an efficient and timely manner makes the process easier.
- Avoid storm chasers. Be wary of roofing contractors knocking on your door in the days following a bad storm. Check that they are a local company. These people are often canvasing and might try to pressure you into signing a letter of intent.
- Don’t be afraid to shop around. Ask different contractors for estimates and about the quality of products they use. A new roof is an investment, so you want to make sure it is a good one.
At Robinson Construction Inc., we have everything you need in a roofing contractor: over 20 years of experience, we are licensed, bonded, and insured. Call us today to learn more.